EPABX is an abbreviation that stands for Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange. It comes under the category of business phone systems which serve a business environment. Multi-line connections can be made through a single telephonic connection. It is an office equipment of immense use for telephonic connectivity with extensions of a single phone line. It can be rented from office equipment suppliers too.
Business Phone System for Office Communication
EPABX has proven to be of immense use in communicating within office, making routine work simpler. It can be defined as a switching system for calls that enables both internal as well as external switching functions in an organization. Typically up to 10,000 subscribers can be accommodated by a single EPABX system.
Advantages of EPABX system
Sharing of Resources
Within an office set up, the employees can share phone lines. Several extensions may be connected to a single phone line, thus reducing the overall phone expenses. In case of external calls, they may be routed from a single incoming mode and directed to the respective extension number from there.
The EPABX system is totally programmable. It facilitates complex installation procedures and other integrated requirements for communication.
With the growth of the company and the communication needs, the basic network of business phone system can also be expanded easily without much hassle.
Occupies Compact Space
The physical hub of an EPABX system is low profile and does not require large space to be accommodated. Hence space constraints are not an issue.
Range of Functions
EPABX as a business phone system possesses a versatile range of functions. The numerous tasks that can be performed by EPABX are listed below.
- Auto Attendant
- Automatic call distributor
- Automated directory services (where callers can be routed to a given employee by keying or speaking the letters of the employee’s name)
- Automatic ring back
- Call accounting
- Call forwarding on absence
- Call forwarding on busy
- Call park
- Call pick-up
- Call transfer
- Call waiting
- Conference call
- Custom greetings
- Customized Abbreviated dialing (Speed Dialing)
- Direct Inward Dialing
- Direct Inward System Access (DISA) (the ability to access internal features from an outside telephone line)
- Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Music on hold
- Night service
- Shared message boxes (where a department can have a shared voicemail box)
- Voice mail
- Voice paging (PA system)
Components of EPABX
- Internal switching network.
- Microcontrollers and microcomputer for arbitrary data processing for control and the logic.
- Logic cards, switching and control cards, power cards and related devices to facilitate operation.
- Stations or telephone sets, sometimes called lines.
- External Telco trunks that deliver signals to and from the EPABX.
- Console or switchboard allows the operator to control incoming calls.
- UPS, connecting wiring, cabinets and other housing materials.
The selection of an EPABX must be carefully done based on a detailed study of the traffic flow and needs of the office. They make communication within office easier and hence become a requisite as a business phone system in an office environment.
Samvaad E Solutions is Leading EPABX Dealer in Uttarakhand . Our Head office Located in Dehradun.
Our Company has 28 Year of Experience with a professional Team. We are providing our service to many government department as well private business & firms.
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified Company. We are involved into communications, connectivity, surveillance, security, data monitoring, robotics, research domain, software development, web design & development, Digital Marketing & Mobile app Development.
If you are looking for EPABX with unmatched service & support, feel Free to contact us